Wednesday 10 July 2013

All of me

Jesus answered, “The most important command is this: ‘People of Israel, listen! The Lord our God is the only Lord. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’"                                       Mark 12:29-30  


I want to love you with all of me.

With my body, as a temple to your Holy Spirit. 
In the way that I treat it, with respect for your creation. 
With the way that I manage it and care for it - a good steward of your gift of life. 
In the way that I dress it, with care and attention yet with modesty.
And in the way that I use it, in service of your Kingdom. 

With my mind.
May my thought life be faithful to you, not dwelling on things that are at odds with you and your Kingdom. 
May it be full of goodness and free from complaining, negativity and cynicism.

With my heart.
May I seek you for my fulfilment, rather than turning to other things.

With my possessions.
Help me to have a loose hold on what I own, Lord; what is mine is yours. 
Help me to honour you with the way I use my money.
Teach me not to be wasteful.


Lord, I am so far from wholeness in many of these areas. 
Forgive me and refine me until all of me is yours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment